Participants: Myself, cirrushi, krazykased, Jenny of unknown LJ status
- First stop, Krispy Kreme!
- Dropped off luggage at hotel.
- Sam Sato's!
- Sam Sato's turned out to be closed for the entire duration of trip, ate at Wei Wei BBQ & Noodle House instead.
- Visited the ʻĪao Valley, did official hike and unofficial hike.
- Kepaniwai Park Heritage Gardens, where we walked a secret path from Japan to China!
- Hotel much nicer than anticipated!
- Longhi's - pretty much all ordered pasta and other non-standard entree items - Good!
- Lahaina - very cool, many galleries, feel was similar to Monterey or maybe a hint of La Jolla
- Broke fast at Tasty Crust! Yum yum!
- Stopped off at Island Kitchen/Chicken to pick up some lunch.
- The LONG road up Haleakalā.
- Messed up knee again, unbearable pain.
- Air so much clearer up high, everything in sharp relief. COLD! Beautiful.
- Could not check in on Gowalla due to spotty reception = sad.
- Wine tasting and tour at the Tedeschi Winery at Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Field trip lunch.
- Back to hotel for rest and swimming!
- Pizza Hut + Mike's Hard Lemonade + True Lies + Disney Channel = Fun times!
- Check out, leave luggage at hotel.
- Tried to keep it real at Denny's.
- Bought beach mats, BEACH!
- Oh shit it's 3:27pm and we just found out Tasaka Guri Guri Ice Cream closes at 4:00 - GO GO GO!
- Tasaka Guri Guri Ice Cream, 4:03pm: They've been closed the entire time, Jan 1-3.
- Kitchen Chips Scavenger Hunt.
- Picked up luggage from hotel, off to Koho Grill & Bar for dinner. Interesting Koho sauce.
- Everyone is closed because it is Sunday and Maui.
- Airport, airplane, leave Maui.
- Come back to Maui.
- Finally reach Oahu.